Hard And Soft Skills Of Our Java Developers
Professional attitude and work ethic matter not only for management staff but also for those who deal with code developers, relatively speaking. When you hire a Java programmer online, it is equally important to try developers for soft skills during the interview as if you face them in the office room.
Hard skill basics of Java developers at Aimprosoft
The following hard skill basics are our custom at Aimprosoft when selecting remote Java developers for your project.
The perfect candidate is expected to deliver medium and large task-intensive features independently, be able to keep yourself productive and demonstrate strong software engineering skills. Designing and writing well-structured code should be inherent in them as well as the ability to identify code in need of improvement. Every code improvement has to be better, subsequently including migration to new frameworks and additional tests.
Our Java coders for hire are able to bring projects to completion by working with other teams and comprehending how to organize things to launch various releases. Understanding and following FB standards in the field of design, development, documentation, reviews, tests, analysis, and deployment of code are skills of senior-level specialists. Development experts have to demonstrate mastery in data analysis, programming, and SWE to deliver high-level code covered by tests.
Tech skillset required for a Java Developer
||Object-oriented programming (OOP), Design and Development Principles (SOLID, KISS, DRY, etc), Architectural patterns (Microservices, SOA, CQRS, etc.)
|Relational and NoSQL Databases (several or all)
||PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, etc.
||Java 8+, NIO, JPA, Lambda, Streams API, etc.
||Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring MVC, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, etc
||JUnit, Mockito, TestNG, etc.
|CI/CD Tools (several or all)
||Jenkins, Circle CI, Gitlab CI/CD, Maven, Gradle, etc.
||Docker, K8S, Compose, Helm, etc.
|Cloud computing (one of)
||AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Soft skill basics of Java developers at Aimprosoft
Teamwork is about a synergy that leads to positive outcomes. Selecting tech talents to join our team, we hire Java experts who can follow the team approach, both juniors and seniors.
Time management should be inherent in Java developers to estimate the scope of a project in hours for the team to deliver the complete project in time.
Communication is the third soft skill of high importance. Good messaging creates a better work environment, reduces errors, and improves credibility, which leads to time and money savings.
Creativity allows going beyond. This skill lies at the core of the ability to solve atypical tasks so regular in software development.
Questions To Ask When Hiring A Java Developer
Theory without practice does not work. Practice is a very important part of being a skilled Java developer. However, practice without theoretical knowledge also does not make a highly qualified developer a full-fledged one. Below is an indicative list of questions our tech leads address to candidates for Java developers.
There is no strict list of questions that we ask all candidates. We always let the conversation flow freely, touching on particular topics. Below we provide an illustrative list that helps us understand their tech base and analytical mind.
Java core questions cover:
- Difference between Java NIO та Java IO?
- Java Memory Model? Memory types in JVM?
- What are the Garbage Collectors in JVM and why so many?
- What are the peculiarities in Java realization? Why to use serialVersionUID та InvalidClassException?
- What is a deadlock? Types? Draw them graphically.
Theory about databases:
- What is ACID?
- What does the CAP theorem mean?
- What are equal transaction isolations?
- Is there any sense in abandoning ORM?
- What are the n+1 problem and the cartesian product problem?
- What are IoC and DI?
- What is the life cycle of objects created by Spring?
- What are the types of contexts? How do create and raise the context for application testing?
- What opportunities does Spring provide for communication with the database?
- What are the indications of using the Java Bean class? How is POJO different from Java Bean?
Questions about multithreading:
- What is a race-condition?
- What are the elements in the java.util.concurrent package?
- What are optimistic and pessimistic locking?
- What are the features of rich threading in Java EE and Spring?
Libraries and tools knowledge:
- How to build monitoring in Java? How to use Java micrometrics, DropWizard, and Prometheus frameworks?
- Tell us about the ORM mechanism.
- What methods of data sampling in Hibernate do you know?
- What are the transaction isolations in Hibernate?
We hire a Java coder who knows a Stream API:
- What are the methods in the Stream interface?
- How does the map method differ from flatMap?
- What is the functional interface of the filter method?
- What is the main ambush Stream API?
Choose A Hiring Model That Fits You Best
A dedicated team is a choice of entrepreneurs at the early stage of business fundraising or long-run-oriented projects with a scope of over 6 months when a scope is hazy, and requirements are ever-changing.
When looking to hire a Java developer online as a single engineer or tech consultant to augment your core team, try a staff augmentation model to cope with urgent tasks that are beyond your team’s expertise.
Java development from scratch of systems with complex or reduced difficulty levels is possible with a full-cycle dev model that includes all project delivery stages.